The California Teachers Association is pleased to announce the twentieth year of our
exciting art and essay recognition: The CTA Cesar E. Chavez Memorial Education Awards
This program is designed to provide recognition for educators and their students who
demonstrate an understanding of the vision and guiding principles by which Cesar E.
Chavez lived his life. The Awards Program honors the memory of this great man and
ensures that the spirit of his work continues in the classrooms of California.
The recipients, both students and sponsoring CTA members, will receive up to $550 (exact
amount will be determined by the Awards committee). Their work will be recognized by
posting visual art and written essays online and in various CTA publications.
For the current school year, eligible entries must fit into the category of either Written
Essays or Visual Arts.
For more details clink on the link 2019-2020 César Chávez Brochure
All forms can be found in the under the “Forms” tab.
Conference Attendance Request Form & Conference Attendance Criteria and Requirements
18-19 Attendance Request Form (1)
Conference Report Form
CONFERENCE REPORT FORM
Conference Expense Reimbursement Policy & Expense Claim Form
18-19 Conference Expense Form (1)
August 28 – New Educator Event – 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm
- This is an orientation event for brand new teachers to Colton. Basics and vital information.
August 29 – New Permanent Educator Event – 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm
- Just got your permanent status as of August 2nd? Come celebrate with ACE.
August 30 – ACE Grievance Joint Training – 3:30 pm-5:00 pm (at Grand Terrace High School)
- This is a training with the District that will go through the grievance process.
September 19 – ACE Site Representative Basic Training – 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm
- This is a general training for Site Representatives on how to be a good ACE Site Rep.
September 25 – CalSTRS Retirement Workshop – 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm
- This is a retirement workshop put on by CalSTRS for folks within 5 years of retirement.
- Sign ups for small group sessions with your Individualized plan will happen at this event!
September 26 – ACE Site Representative ADVANCED Training – 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm
- This is an advanced training for Site Representatives, especially for veteran Site Reps.
September 30-October 2– CTA Conference:Fall Leadership/Ethnic Minority Leadership Development
December 8-10– CTA Conference: GLBT Issues
Friday, December 8 – ACE Holiday Party at the Orange Show Fairgrounds in San Bernardino
January 18 – Generation Debt: Student Loan Forgiveness – 4 pm-6:00 pm
- This is a workshop put on by NEA Member Benefits about Student Loans and Forgiveness.
January 26-28 – CTA Conference: Issues, Unity and Advocacy in Education
February 23-25 – CTA Conference: New Educator Weekend
March 2-4 – CTA Conference: Equity and Human Rights
March 16-18 – CTA Conference: Good Teaching
April 20-21 – CTA Conference: Ethnic Minority Leadership Development
June – ACE Retirement Dinner