Category - News
Your Bargaining Team met with the District Team on March 7, 2019
Appendix IV: Coaching/Activity Pay —The Association and District reached a tentative agreement on coaching pay to create parity and equity.
The team bargaining Appendix IV consists of : Veronica Allmon, Camille Butts, John Chovan, Christine Montgomery, and Cristina Puraci
The Association passed one article to the District:
Article 6: Association Security — The Association’s proposal is to modify and update the language based on current laws and district practices.
The Association and District discussed Article 8: Hours of Employment, however, no new proposals were passed at this time.
Thank you so much for all of your support.
Chris Neiman- Wilson Elem
Rebekah Acord – Terrace Hills MS
Cristina Puraci – Terrace View Elem.
Paul Lucero – Joe Baca MS
Sheila Comerford – Grand Terrace HS
Judith Kim – PPS
Dan Bartlett – CTA Representative
Stronger Than Ever, We Stand Together
CTA Issues Conference – to understand and embrace the challenges facing educators today in our local communities and statewide.
Several of our members attended the conference this year. The following are brief highlights from the sessions that they attended.
- General Debt- Student loan forgiveness, debt information. The focus was not only on old and current programs, but newer programs that currently rolling out.
- Reducing the Risk: Teen Suicide- Tips on what to look for in a student when depressed and the importance of building a relationship with students.
- General Session – A reminder that as teachers, we are united. The importance of having a support system in and outside of work.
- Rural Chapters Dealing with the Loss of Fair Share- Suggestions on how to engage members, attend functions, community events, mixers. The session showcased the outcome of the Michigan Education Association when they lost agency fees.
- Ideas into Action: Advocating for the English Language Learners – Focused on the untapped potential, their cultural traditions that enrich our communities, and they are disproportionately undeserved. The session participants were given a handout outline the 5 Steps to Advocacy and were broken into collaborative groups with a hypothetical problem. The groups then used the 5 Steps to Advocacy to brainstorm solutions.
- Why School Site Councils Matter in the LCFF/LCAP Era – Many in attendance were amazed to find out their own School Site Councils were out of compliance.
These were a few highlights from over 50 sessions that were offered. If you are interested in attending a future conference, please see your Site ACE Rep or contact the ACE Office through our contacts tab.Issues-Conference-Elective-Sessions-.pdf (119 downloads)
Article 4: Association Rights – Release time for Association business increased from twenty six to forty five days.
Article 7: Wages and Health and Benefits – 6.26% increase on the Salary Schedule
Article 8: Hours of Employment – Decrease in the number of after school meetings from 4 hours per month to 2 hours per month.
Article 9: Class Size – TK-3 class size 24:1 permanent. Grades 4-6 32 Max. Grades 7-8 32 Max.
Article 10: Evaluation Procedures – Language updated to reflect new Common Core standards.
Article 12: Transfer Policy – Contract language clarified regarding member rights if irreconcilable differences arise.
Article 18: Medical Coverage for Retirees – Improved retiree benefits to include retiree and one dependent. No longer limited to a spouse.
Article 19: Peer Assistance and Review – Status Quo
Article 21: Discipline – Status Quo
Appendix II: Non-Teaching Assignments – Librarian work year increased from 183 to 188 days with corresponding increase in per diem pay.
Appendix III: Extra Duty Pay – All categories increased to reflect pay increases. Extra Duty pay increased from $13.35 per hour to $20 per hour.
Appendix IV: Coaching/Activity Pay – All category pay increased.
Appendix VI: Three year contract from July 1, 2015 to June 30, 2018
Appendix VII: Table adjusted to reflect medical and dental rates for the 2015-2016 school year.