Teacher Self Care Workshop
Monday, May 11, 2020 from 4 – 5:30 PM @ ACE office
RSVP by: Friday, May 8th by calling (909) 825-0332 or email ACEColtonUnion@gmail.com
for more information see flyer: click below
Teacher-Self-Care-Flyer-5-11-20.pdf (61 downloads)
ACE Sports Night – Ontario Reign
Saturday, April 11, 2020
Purchase Tickets by April 3, 2020
for Flyer click below
Reign-Game-April-11.pdf (67 downloads)
ACE Paint & Sip Night
Friday, April 24,2020 from 4-6 pm at ACE office
RSVP by April 20th, for more information see flyer: click below
Paint-n-Sip-April-24.pdf (68 downloads)
ACE Holiday Party December 6, 2019
RSVP by November 21, 2019 – (909) 825-0332 or email ACEColtonUnion@gmail.com
Holiday-Party-Flyer-phone.pdf (107 downloads)
Some of the scholarships are for members, and some are for dependents of members.
Deadlines start at January 31, 2020, so there is plenty of time for folks to consider applying.
CTA SCHOLARSHIPS Deadline: January 31, 2020
2019-20 CTA Scholarship Memo
2019-2020 CTA Scholarship Brochure
Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Scholarship Deadline: February 14, 2020
2019-20 MLK Scholarship Cover Memo
2019-2020 MLK Scholarship Brochure
César E. Chávez Memorial Education Awards Deadline: March 6, 2020
2019-2020 CC Brochure Final 8-27
Your Bargaining Team met with the District Team on March 7, 2019
Appendix IV: Coaching/Activity Pay —The Association and District reached a tentative agreement on coaching pay to create parity and equity.
The team bargaining Appendix IV consists of : Veronica Allmon, Camille Butts, John Chovan, Christine Montgomery, and Cristina Puraci
The Association passed one article to the District:
Article 6: Association Security — The Association’s proposal is to modify and update the language based on current laws and district practices.
The Association and District discussed Article 8: Hours of Employment, however, no new proposals were passed at this time.
Thank you so much for all of your support.
Chris Neiman- Wilson Elem
Rebekah Acord – Terrace Hills MS
Cristina Puraci – Terrace View Elem.
Paul Lucero – Joe Baca MS
Sheila Comerford – Grand Terrace HS
Judith Kim – PPS
Dan Bartlett – CTA Representative
FROM THE TABLE 3-7-19
Stronger Than Ever, We Stand Together
CTA Issues Conference – to understand and embrace the challenges facing educators today in our local communities and statewide.
Several of our members attended the conference this year. The following are brief highlights from the sessions that they attended.
- General Debt- Student loan forgiveness, debt information. The focus was not only on old and current programs, but newer programs that currently rolling out.
- Reducing the Risk: Teen Suicide- Tips on what to look for in a student when depressed and the importance of building a relationship with students.
- General Session – A reminder that as teachers, we are united. The importance of having a support system in and outside of work.
- Rural Chapters Dealing with the Loss of Fair Share- Suggestions on how to engage members, attend functions, community events, mixers. The session showcased the outcome of the Michigan Education Association when they lost agency fees.
- Ideas into Action: Advocating for the English Language Learners – Focused on the untapped potential, their cultural traditions that enrich our communities, and they are disproportionately undeserved. The session participants were given a handout outline the 5 Steps to Advocacy and were broken into collaborative groups with a hypothetical problem. The groups then used the 5 Steps to Advocacy to brainstorm solutions.
- Why School Site Councils Matter in the LCFF/LCAP Era – Many in attendance were amazed to find out their own School Site Councils were out of compliance.
These were a few highlights from over 50 sessions that were offered. If you are interested in attending a future conference, please see your Site ACE Rep or contact the ACE Office through our contacts tab.
Issues-Conference-Elective-Sessions-.pdf (227 downloads)